Monday, January 16, 2012

Squatters India Pale Ale ....

After enjoying the Hop Rising Double IPA from Squatters Brewery I tried a couple of days ago, I came across their regular IPA today and thought I would give it a try.  Twelve ounce bottle, 6.5% ABV.

The Squatters IPA poured with a very thick head and is a very nice golden honey color.  There is a medium aroma of the citrus of hops.  I would say this one is about a medium on strength of flavor, maybe just a touch milder.  There is very little bitterness.  Some hops and malt, and a very nice flavor of citrus.  I am getting almost no aftertaste, just the slightest bit of bitter and hops.  Very smooth.  Some milder IPAs that don't give you a strong hit of hops end up seeming a little 'watery', but I don't get that from this one.  Just a milder, smooth balance of malt and citrus/hops.




Squatters Brewery
Salt Lake City, Utah


No comments:

Post a Comment