Friday, January 20, 2012

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA ....

Time for a Friday night beer.  I thought I would officially 'sample' one of my usuals - 60 Minute IPA from Dogfish Head Craft Brewed Ales.  It is 6% ABV and comes in a twelve ounce bottle.  Their web site lists IBUs at 60.

The 60 Minute poured with a light head, and is a golden color - no real darker tints to this beer at all.  Slightly cloudy.  The aroma is mostly of hops, with some citrus.  On strength of flavor, I would say this one leans more towards strong than towards medium.  The taste is heavy on hops, more so some grassy hops than citrus.  But there is some citrus as well.  A little bitterness.  Some malt, which probably tames the bitterness, but not so much as to distract from the hops.  The hops are the star.  Short, slightly bitter aftertaste.

I have to note that this is one of my regular beers, and really my main go-to beer.  I think the slightly lower alcohol and strong hops make it a very drinkable, thirst quenching beer.


  


Dogfish Head Craft Brewed Ales
Milton, Delaware



No comments:

Post a Comment