Thursday, January 5, 2012

Deschutes Brewery Inversion IPA ....

Well, it's a little late in the season to find holiday beers.  And since my decision to try a beer a day came at the last minute, I didn't have much of a chance to stock up.  So it looks like this is it for the holiday/seasonals.


On to the IPAs!  My preference in beers leans towards IPAs, so it's their time.  I am going to sample only IPAs for at least a couple of weeks.  I will start with an Inversion IPA from Deschutes Brewery.  Their web site lists the IBUs at 80.  The twelve ounce bottle shows 6.8% ABV.

This IPA poured with a fairly thick head.  It was a nice golden color, with a tinge of orange.  Somewhat cloudy from bubbles and sediment.  The aroma was very mild, and of hops/citrus.  The Inversion is pretty high on the flavor strength scale, with a strong taste of hops and citrus.  Nice bitterness, but not overpowering.  The aftertaste seems fairly mild, considering the strong flavor of the beer, and fades quickly.  This is why I like IPAs!




Deschutes Brewery
Bend, Oregon


No comments:

Post a Comment