Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Abita Jockamo IPA ....

I am finishing off the first week of IPAs with a Jockamo IPA from Abita Brewing Company.  IBUs are listed as 52 on the web site.  It is 6.5% ABV and comes in a twelve ounce bottle.

The Jockamo pours with a nice, fairly thick head.  It has a rich honey-like color when held up to the light.  The aroma has a floral/vegetal note.  To me, this is a light to medium on strength of flavor.  Light hoppiness and very little bitterness.  The floral/vegetal note from the aroma is also present in the taste - it might also be described as a spice/herbal note.  I assume it is from the hops, but I haven't really experienced that particular flavor in other IPAs, nor can I really think of a specific flavor it compares to other than a spice or herb.  There is also a bit of sweetness.  Very little aftertaste.






Abita Brewing Company
Abita Springs, Louisiana



No comments:

Post a Comment