Thursday, July 12, 2012

Real Ale Firemans #4 ....

Tonight I will have another from Texas' Real Ale Brewing Company: Firemans #4 Blonde Ale.  Twelve ounce bottle.  Their web site shows 5.1% ABV and 21 IBUs.

This beer poured with a medium, white head.  Beer color is a light to medium yellow.  Mild aroma; bready with a little sweetness.  The taste has bready malt with some citrus/fruit in the background.  Slightly grassy, but does not have that thinness towards the finish that some of the milder beers have.  Almost a little sweetness and spice at the finish.  Mild to medium bodied.  Good carbonation.  Very little aftertaste, just mild "beer".  I enjoyed this more than I thought I would, as I was expecting something very mild and perhaps a little bland.  Nice surprise.




Real Ale Brewing Company
Blanco, Texas


No comments:

Post a Comment