Sunday, July 22, 2012

Kona Wailua ....

Today I will sample a Wailua, Wheat Ale Brewed with Passion Fruit, from Kona Brewing Company.  Twelve ounce bottle.  The is a seasonal, available in spring and summer.  The Kona web site shows 5.4% ABV and 15 IBUs.  

Wailua poured with a smaller, off white head that dissipated very quickly.  Beer color is a medium to dark golden yellow.  The beer is crystal clear.  I get some wheat and a little sweetness in the aroma.  The sweetness may come from a little fruit, but I am not getting anything very "fruity" in the aroma.  The taste is more of the same; mild, some wheat and a little sweetness.  I do seem to detect a little fruit, but like the other components, it is mild.  There is some very effervescent carbonation.  Slightly grassy aftertaste.  A little mild for my tastes, but I also drank one while grilling and it is a nice light, refreshing summer beer.  




Kona Brewing Company
Kailu a Kona, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment