Thursday, November 29, 2012

Abbey Monks' Ale ....

Today I will have a Monks' Ale from Abbey Beverage Company.  Twelve ounce bottle.  The web site shows 5.2% ABV and 27 IBUs.

Monks' Ale poured with a small, bone colored head.  Beer color is a lighter, orange-ish amber and a little hazy.  The aroma is lighter, with fruits (apricot?), some spice and a metallic note.  The taste follows the aroma fairly closely.  There is some initial fruit, followed by malt and spice.  It seems to get a little thin towards the end, and I get a metallic note with a small amount of bitter.  The aftertaste leaves you with a little of the metallic and bitter.  Not a bad beer, but a little light in flavor for my taste.  The metallic note does not agree with me, but others might not even notice it as everyone's taste buds are different.  For example, I get a metallic note that I do not like in most Syrah wines, but obviously a lot of people like them.


 

Abbey Beverage Company
Pecos, New Mexico



No comments:

Post a Comment