Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Santa Fe State Pen Porter ....

Tonight I will try a new brewer for the year - Santa Fe Brewing Company.  Actually, I don't think I have ever tried any of their beers.  The first will be a State Pen Porter.  The twelve ounce bottle lists 6.4% ABV.

This beer poured with a thick, darker, rich brown head.  Beer color is a dark blackish brown - no light shines through when the glass is held up to the light.  There is a very nice aroma with coffee, cocoa and caramel.  The taste has a definite hit of coffee that stands out to me more than the other notes.  Some sweetness, caramel and cocoa.  Maybe a little note of higher alcohol.  Nice mouth feel, but not as heavy as I expected.  Medium bodied.  A little aftertaste of coffee and cocoa.



Santa Fe Brewing Company
Santa Fe, New Mexico



No comments:

Post a Comment