Sunday, September 9, 2012

Abita Satsuma ....

Today I will sample a Satsuma Harvest Wit from Abita Brewing Company.  The twelve ounce bottle shows 5.2% ABV.  Their web site lists IBUs at 17.

This beer poured with a thin, off white head.  Beer color is a cloudy, medium yellow with a fair amount of fine sediment floating in the glass.  The aroma is tangy, yeasty and spicy - as you would expect from this style.  The taste is milder than I expected, based on the aroma.  Yeast, spice, citrus.  Although it is not really fruity, I think the fruit mellowed out some of the yeastiness.  Higher carbonated mouth feel.  The aftertaste leaves you with a nice citrus rind bitter note.  This would make a nice summer beer to drink when you wanted more than one: refreshing and won't overload the taste buds.  I wasn't too sure about this one on the first couple of sips as it seemed a little too mild, but it grew on me and I enjoyed it.




Abita Brewing Company
Abita Springs, Louisiana



No comments:

Post a Comment